Arrow ECS Enhances Customer Business-Management Portal with Mobile Capabilities, Additional Order-Management Features
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (October 04, 2011) – Arrow Enterprise Computing Solutions, a business segment of Arrow Electronics Inc. [NYSE: ARW], unveiled a refresh of its MyArrow portal with enhanced services and mobile-computing application capabilities. In conjunction with the recently announced Arrow ECS Empower enablement program, an online game offering a chance to win a 3-D television was introduced to drive awareness of the MyArrow enhancements.
“As a value-added distributor, Arrow ECS is committed to providing comprehensive business-management support to solution providers so they can spend more time supporting customers and expanding their account base,” said Sean Kerins, president, North America, for Arrow ECS. “The enhancements to the Arrow ECS MyArrow portal enable resellers to quickly and easily manage their business, as well as prepare reports, invoices and proposals for customers and suppliers. Many of these features are accessible from mobile devices.”
The MyArrow portal creates a central location for information related to the business that solution providers conduct with Arrow ECS. The portal has been transformed with a new user interface offering at-a-glance order-management and accounts-payables information, new applications, additional resources and enhanced functionality. For Arrow ECS Oracle solution providers, MyArrow is easily accessible via a mobile application for iPhones and iPads. This functionality will also soon be available for other Arrow ECS supplier lines.
New and enhanced features of the Arrow ECS MyArrow portal include:
- Provisioned access for each solution provider to ensure they have access to the information that is most relevant to their business with Arrow ECS
- Real-time order tracking
- More succinct advanced ship notifications
- Real-time shipment tracking for configuration orders
- Expanded library of technical white papers, quick reference guides and sales aids from Arrow ECS and its suppliers
- Applications to manage and request Arrow market development funds, purchase marketing campaigns and collateral online using MDFs and submit MDF usage summaries for supplier reporting purposes
- Expanded online certification and training course offerings related to IBM, NetApp and Oracle, among other key Arrow ECS suppliers, as well as the ability to track a firm’s – and individual team members’ – progress toward gaining skills and obtaining certifications
- Online solution lab demonstrations and access to lab-engagement forms
- Assistance with creating advertising and public relations plans and planning customer events.
With the launch of the portal enhancements, Arrow ECS has kicked off an online game called “Arrow Xtreme Office.” The game features characters such as “Sharron the sales director,” also known as “the Merchant of Death,” and “Trevor the marketing director,” also known as “Nature Boy,” competing in chair races, water cooler lifts and a conference room freestyle. Arrow ECS solution providers that visit the game each week to watch the characters compete in office challenges and answer questions about MyArrow enhancements are eligible to win a 3-D TV or various gift cards.
ABOUT ARROW ENTERPRISE COMPUTING SOLUTIONS
Arrow ECS, a business segment of Arrow Electronics Inc. [NYSE: ARW], provides enterprise and midrange computing products, services and solutions to value-added resellers, system integrators, and independent software vendors. Based in Englewood, Colo., and with offices in 29 countries, Arrow ECS connects its customers to the world’s foremost technology suppliers. Arrow ECS reported $5.6 billion in global enterprise computing solution sales in 2010. Visit ecs.arrow.com for more information.
Arrow Electronics, Inc.